Akola is a district in the state of Maharashtra located around 600 km east of Mumbai. Akola district has an area of about 5431 square kilometres and population of 1,630,239. Akola is an upcoming district with following facilities.
- ✓ Akola is largest cotton producing district in India and is also called as Cotton City.
- ✓ Industrial Hub – Industrial hub was established in 1972 and has 110 Pulse Mills and diversified industries.
- ✓ Connectivity – Akola is well connected to major cities as Nagpur and Mumbai through NH6. It also has excellent train connectivity to Mumbai, Kolkata and Raipur.
- ✓ Education Hub – It has become the education hub owing to premier coaching institutes for engineering, medical and competitive exams. There is 15+ colleges at Akola serving to approximately 20,000 students. This makes a ready and continuous pool of talent available. Around 1500+ students belong to engineering & IT related streams.
- ✓ Health Hub–Most advanced medical facilities are available at Akola. It is served by 600+ doctors and 150+ hospitals with diverse specialities.
- Akola also has decent urban facilities like shopping market, Multiplexes and Restaurants. Reasonable accommodation options, recreational facilities are available.